M-state-Research-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M-state-Research-Forum

In this forum we will be able to discuse all metters of M-state Research, you will be able to share photos quick and easy and chat with the other users. for eas of research.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

from water insolubele to Water soluble

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panoramix
Admin
Panoramix

from water insolubele to Water soluble  Empty
PostSubject: from water insolubele to Water soluble    from water insolubele to Water soluble  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 4:53 am

hay all,

i made the precipitate according to this method

i did not precipitate it with NaOH, i just let all the H2O2 evap off, this would leave a very fluffy and light White powder,

i baked this precipitate in in a oven pan with lid

some water vapor came of it and slowly escaped true the lids opening (its not air tight)

this would in time leave a gray to brown white powder. this powder is not water soluble,

after washing it with some distilled water, i set it in the oven pan again, with some more distilled water, and i put the lid on it..

now slowly heating this and forming a miniature biosphere, this would evap the water up and condense it again and dropping the bottom again, i did this for some time about 2 days after that i left it for 3-4 days. now most of the precipitate hes dissolved again...

way this happens i dont know but i think its a good sign hehe..

i am heating it again with some candle fire now and see if the rest will dissolve again, if so, i will evap the water and see what is left behind.

i will add some photos soon so it is some what more clear what is happening and what i am using.

with love...

Panoramix
Back to top Go down
http://mstate-research.nstars.org
Panoramix
Admin
Panoramix

PostSubject: Re: from water insolubele to Water soluble    from water insolubele to Water soluble  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 4:59 am

Update..

some more experimentation gave as a result that when i heated the water again to about 70c it would form a scum on top again and would precipitate out the m-state, after cooling most of the scum dissolved again, now i have a water soluble solution again.

with love...
Panoramix
Back to top Go down
Panoramix
Admin
Panoramix

PostSubject: Re: from water insolubele to Water soluble    from water insolubele to Water soluble  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 9:12 am

here are the photos that i promised..
what i did is as followed, i evaporated the H2O2, when enouth was evaped some scum formed on top of this solution and crystals formed on the bottom, the scum was very nice to look at because it reflected light in a beautifully way all sorts if colors were observed, i did not make any photos of this tho this was a fuw weeks ago.

now i dryed this powder and scum and i scraped it of the oven dish, it was rely like snow :)very interesting and very light.
when i craped it is sounded like scraping ice from your windows.

now i dryed this some what more and backed it in a oven dish it became a brown to white powder. i added some water and nothing dissolved, i washed this a few times, after that i added it again to the oven dish and added distilled water, i put on the lit and set a candle fire under it. and after some time this formed

this is the scum it almost looks like a oil but it is not it consists of micro crystals on the surface

from water insolubele to Water soluble  Img_2013

from water insolubele to Water soluble  Img_2014

on the bottom of the dish a powder was visible.

from water insolubele to Water soluble  Img_2015

after cooling this solution all of the scum dissolved and most of the powder, just a very very small amount remained.

with love..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: from water insolubele to Water soluble    from water insolubele to Water soluble  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

from water insolubele to Water soluble
Page 1 of 1